I was elected as the Member for South Brisbane in 2012 with a promise to be a strong voice for everyone in the electorate.
Since then, I’ve listened to you and delivered a number of important local projects for this community including:
- Helping South Brisbane navigate our way through the COVID-19 health and economic challenges
- building the new Inner City South State Secondary College and expanding West End State School
- the decriminalising of abortion
- the protection of green spaces (like Queen Bess Park) and
- rental reform laws that allow tenants to feel safe in their own homes.
But I know there’s still so much more to do. That’s why I’m also determined to keep fighting for our community to:
- create more green spaces and bring the clean energy boom to South Brisbane
- provide more scrutiny to developments to balance the needs of population growth while maximising liveability and
- build a $150 million new performing arts theatre that will make our community home to the largest and most vibrant performing arts centre in the country.
With your help, I’ll continue to be your champion of the South Brisbane electorate and be a strong voice in Parliament.